Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Warm Puppies, Cold River

A pall of arctic air has settled over the valley. Highs around 20 degrees, lows in the single digits.
That makes it nice to be inside by the fire with the puppies. They're a handful, and even though they aren't my dogs I've ended up doing most of the housebreaking.
More work to do on that.
But ain't they cute? If only they slept more.
Through it all I'm having serious fishing withdrawal. One of the primary reasons I fish is to find space and a semblance of solitude. Those are in short supply around the house, especially since the puppies invaded my territory.
And now the lakes are frozen over, and the river is ice-choked in places.
I took these pictures yesterday in late afternoon. You'll notice the point of view is not mid-river. No, I was on my way home from work, and was way up on the bank where the risk of hypothermia is a little lower.
Should the weather moderate a little I will still entertain the notion of venturing in for another go.
Wouldn't want to be a wimp about this.
Meanwhile, the puppies need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment