Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fun With Sepia

My daughter, Laura, an accomplished photographer, loves sepia. When she was here recently she inspired me to expand my palette a bit.
So I went out to the shed and took a few shots.
Nice effect, I must admit. It seems to translate well to some lake shots, too, especially with inclement weather and heavy clouds.
It also makes me look like someone who plied the waters in these mountains a century ago, a prospect I enjoy thinking about. And perhaps something fitting for someone getting as curmudgeonly as I.
It's a hundred degrees outside on this August afternoon, but when I look at this picture I get a little chill; winter's coming! Nothing could say it better than sepia.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I especially love the firewood- great contrast and composition. Your photo reminds me of the old tintypes, which is just perfect. Love you!

    ReplyDelete