Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Listen To the Fly

I haven't done a lot of tying this winter. I also haven't done a lot of fishing, which might be a contributing factor to the lack of vise time.

But over the last couple of days I've been waking up with the urge to tie something. I often wake up with the urge to go fish somewhere, but all too often my work or other responsibilities--not to mention frozen rivers--have kept me close to home.

But now I have this urge to tie, and the reason, I realized today, is that a window is opening for some quality time on the water somewhere. So I have begun to monitor the weather, and I have begun to tie some flies.

I had thought at first that I might make the drive down to Rocky Ford Creek again. But then I looked at what was coming off my vise. I was tying these with one image in my mind's eye: a fly swinging deep through a fast run and darting into every slot and pothole.

River. Time to get on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment