Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bad Moon Rising

Just dropped over to EarthSky. Glad I did. Big news!


There will be a total eclipse of the full moon tonight, April 14 - 15. Mars, the Red Planet, is the closest and brightest in 6 years, and will be visible near the red moon. Look for the star Spica, too.


This is known as a Blood Moon. Some people, of a particular religious or superstitious bent, believe this moon, and the three other Blood Moons occurring in 2014 and 2015--four in a row--are signs of the Apocalypse. Yes, that Apocalypse.

If you insist on getting all worked up about that, fine. Go for it. But if you have an open mind and are interested in learning more, you might find this link helpful:


I've already said on this blog that I'm a believer. And I believe that the End of the World is the Creator's department. I hope to be ready, whenever it is.

Meanwhile, I will be praying. I'll be praying that the skies are clear over north central Washington State tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Can't go wrong with CCR. I don't know about the Apocalypse. I suppose if it happens I won't care any longer. On the other hand the world was supposed to end on 12/21/2012 too and the only one I know that it ended for was my brother. What was it Doris Day sang, Que Sera, Sera.

    ReplyDelete