Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Youth Sports Post: Soccer Tournament

I usually spend the longest day of the year on the lake, but this year I was in Pasco, Washington for a soccer tournament. I've mentioned before that my son Isaiah is playing this summer for the FC Spokane U-17 team. This is club soccer, a step up from high school sports. This was Isaiah's first chance to play with them in a tournament, and it was our first chance to see him play with them. So it was two nights and three games away from home.

We learned that five of their regular players couldn't be at the tournament, which explained the fact that they lost all three games. But the coach explained that it was OK, that the main reason for playing was to get ready for the next tournament, which is more important somehow.

So it was hard work for Isaiah and the team. Isaiah was discouraged the first day, but by the end of the tournament he was feeling good about the improvement he had made.

As usual, we thought he played great.

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt that with all you've told us about Isaiah in the past, he'll be great at soccer. Me, I've got no clue about that sport.

    ReplyDelete