Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Winterscapes Norway/In the Land of the Northern Lights

Say goodbye to winter....



Winterscapes Norway from Konabyua on Vimeo.
Intended to capture the beauty of the Lofoten Islands I stayed at Svolvaer for 20 days. I was lucky to see often moderate Noordernlights the first two weeks and fantastic ones the last week!
Everything is captured between februari and march 2012. The period of 3 weeks was dicided by pure gambling on clear nightskies and much aurora. The result was 8 nights showing me beatifull aurora's. One night the lights were everywhere for hours.




In The Land Of The Northern Lights from Ole C. Salomonsen on Vimeo.
Ok folks, this is it. Here is my first video project.
It is a video of the Northern Lights created using stills (stop motion). All sequences are shot in or close to Tromsø in Northern Norway.
I have spent over 6months collecting footage for this, I have shot approx 50.000 stills to choose from in making this video. A goal for me has been to try to preserve the real-time speed of the northern lights, or come as close as possible, and present it the way I experienced it, instead of the northern lights just flashing over the sky in the blink of an eye. It may work on other time-lapse videos with fast moving clouds and sunsets etc, but with the northern lights in focus, it should be presented in it's true speed to reflect her beauty, imo. In the video I have put together a collection of slow moving auroras in the woods, over the mounatins, in the city, in the foreshore, reflected in the sea, with some of the most spectacular and strongest auroral outbreaks seen in many years. Included here is a coronal outbreak, in which I am particularly happy to present, since it is very difficult to get on stills, even worse on "film".
I got a fantastic soundtrack made for the video by local musical talent in Tromsø; Per Wollen. A Huge thanks goes to you Per obviously!

No comments:

Post a Comment