Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oregon Trip

Click on photos for full size image.
One of the reasons I needed to leave the Henry's Fork when I did was so I could make a trip to Oregon. I went for a retreat with professional colleagues, something that has always been a part of my work environment.
The great thing about living out here, though, is that you get to go to places like Oregon for the retreats.
We were a few miles north of Tillamook on Hwy 101, and stayed in this cozy retreat center right off the beach.
It was rainy when I came over the pass from Portland that first evening, and it stayed overcast most of the next day.
Then after supper the sun broke through the clouds and transformed the seascape.
I headed for home the next morning, and actually got to see Twin Rocks in sunlight. One of the best things about the trip, though, was that I discovered the Wilson River flowing through the Tillamook National Forest to the sea.
That's a good river, and if circumstances had been different I would have discovered it on Google Earth and made plans to fish it some while I was there.
But I know the way now.

No comments:

Post a Comment