Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Trout Lake Report: Open Window

Click on photos for full size image.

I find a window in the rain; it was raining before I got there, and it's raining now. Cool. No, let me rephrase that: cold; still not time to put the long johns away. Windy, then calm, then windy again. Played with an indicator and some dries, but to no avail. First fish takes a trolled beadhead green thing. Leaves no doubt as to her gender. Sheds a tear? Second fish takes same fly as I'm hurrying over to where swallows and a big pod of fish are actively feeding on top; I'm impatient. Swallows pick up my Callibaetis dry many times before third fish finally takes it away from them. Long troll back through the pitching waves; nothing but cold feet--and a smile.






No comments:

Post a Comment