Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Trout Lake Flashback: I Never Imagined

Another flashback to another trip from before the fires. This one is from August 3. 
____________________________________________________

I got back to the lake the very next day after forgetting my flippers. This time I remembered them.


It was a warm, breezy evening, but it wasn't long before the breeze gave way to calm.


I worked the shorelines for awhile, but found myself gravitating to the north end of the channel. The fish were still there, hanging out along the weed beds.


I made my way down the east shore of the north end along the campground. No campers, but more fish in the weeds.


I never imagined that all you see in this photo would be burned over by the end of the month.


I took the muddler off and tied on a little caddis. I relaxed and enjoyed the stillness of the evening, casting to the risers that came up in flurries, and picking the occasional damsel nymph off my neck.


The light turned pink as it shone through the high smoke. I cast the caddis out and let it sit as I watched the coming of the sunset. One more fish came to it, pink reflecting pink.


I kicked slowly in as another evening on the lake ended in a silent explosion of color.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see Trout Lake back to it's fishy self. Nice sunset shots.

    ReplyDelete