Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Making Up for Missed Opportunities

Isaiah and the High School soccer team had their first games last Tuesday, three schools in a round robin tournament. It was a beautiful day, but windy and cold. They have another game Saturday morning at 11. It's supposed to be windy and cold--and rainy.


This has been one of those weeks when something I had to do or somewhere I had to be cropped up every day. I was at the first game last Tuesday. Isaiah didn't play. I had to leave for a meeting and missed the second game. Isaiah played. So tomorrow I'll be at the game hoping to make up for that missed opportunity to see him play.

The truck will be all loaded up, and as soon as the game is over I'll make up for the fishing opportunities I also had to miss this week. On the way home from the soccer game I'll stop off at the river. Who knows when I'll get home.

I went through my streamer box tonight and put together a play list for tomorrow. Old flies, newer flies, neglected flies, Steelhead flies, Trout flies, flies that just looked fishy to me.


Saturday should be a good day. At least I'll try to make the most of every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment