The tying bug bit me this weekend. I needed some stimulators for the lake, so I tied up a couple of #10's that should work just fine.
Then I started thinking about the river and decided I needed some more choices with a little weight to them. I've had success with this basic stone fly-looking pattern, so I tied a couple of bead head versions.
I was looking through a book and found a pattern called the Thunderhead. I had been thinking bucktails, so I used the Thunderhead as an inspiration for these.
And, of course, you can never have enough buggers.
I think I'm going to hit the river tomorrow. The truck is a little under the weather--needs a tuneup bad--so it would be happier with a half-mile jaunt to the river than a long trip to the lake. But I don't mind at all. I'm eager to explore some of my old haunts and to get a better sense of what's going on in that lifeline to the Columbia and the sea.
You know, this river fishing could catch on.