Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Blog Post 1,000: Fly Fishing

What do you know, according to my Blogger stats this is post number 1,000. The first post came way back on Monday, May 25, 2009.

There wasn't much in that first post, so in the second post I explained that my computer had just crashed and that I was moving my blog to this new location. I had just started blogging a year before, in May of 2008. By the time this incarnation of the blog was starting up I had blogged 94 posts on the old one. But I'm not counting those today.

By the way, that first blog is still accessible, and there's a permanent link to it in my blog list in the right margin. I love those early posts, especially the ones of my kids--when they were still kids. But it's history now, a record of the past. This blog, though, is alive and active, continuing to evolve and expand. I like where we've come, and look forward to where we're going.

So to celebrate the occasion, and thinking that a 1,000th post on a fly fishing blog should have something to do with fly fishing, I went fishing this afternoon.

That, after all, is what it has been, is, and will be all about.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 1000th post Jim , always enjoy the stuff you put up.
    That scenery is really starting to pop around the lake...looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jim on your milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 1000 posts. I am impressed. Congratulations in a big way.

    ReplyDelete