Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Family Post: Moving On

On Tuesday evening Jeremiah, our youngest, was promoted from Eighth Grade. He's moving on into High School.


Last Saturday, Lidia graduated from High School. She's moving on into adult life.


We're proud of them both. Lidia will be close to home, at least for awhile. She wants some college, sometime, and talks about moving to the coast, some day. Jeremiah and Isaiah will be in high school for awhile; I is Class of 2015, J is Class of 2016. We've got a few proms and lots of sports before they graduate. They both hope to play sports in college somewhere after that.

But it all makes a father pause to catch his breath. Sometimes when I'm absorbed in fishing out in the middle of the timeless beauty of the natural world, I have the illusion that time is standing still. But it isn't. It keeps moving on. All I have to do is look at my children to see that.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome-Congratulations to all of you. They look so young and so happy. I think I can relate. Recreating isn't like an escape for me. It's more like slowing down and meditating. There is no doubt, time has flown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up so fast, don't they.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete