Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Hoping for Hex Weather


Light rain
49°F
Current: Light rain
Wind: NW at 5 mph
Humidity: 100%
Thu
Rain
63° | 45°
Fri
Chance of Storm
61° | 46°
Sat
Chance of Showers
64° | 46°
Sun
Mostly Sunny
77° | 45°

I heard on the radio Thursday that this Spring has been the warmest on record for the nation since 1910. "Except," said the announcer, "for the Northwest."

We could have told him that. Looks like a break is coming, though. We'll hope it lasts. My best Hex memories are of steamy hot June nights with just enough afterglow in the sky to show the dark shapes of large mays on the burnished water, and the lazy rise rings of big trout mopping up the last of the hatch. I can hear the quiet sipping even now...

2 comments:

  1. Nice flies. And your photo presentation is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I knew I had some other big hex flies, and found that box yesterday. They're even prettier. Maybe I'll get a photo up soon. Always appreciate your comments; sorry I haven't been responding to them lately.

      Delete