Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Trout Lake Report: Icing On the Cake

It has been a busy Spring, and things haven't slowed down for fishing season. Guess I'll need to slow down and make some dedicated fishing time.

Friday was busy up until about 5:00. That's late to be heading to the lake, but it was a window and I jumped through it.

The lake, it goes without saying, was beautiful. The day had been warm, but the constant wind at the lake had a cool edge to it, and it got cooler as the evening wore on. But there I was, and I was fishing. I went with a muddler again--and later with a little stimulator--because I'm finding the target casting and the anticipatory stripping very restful and generally therapeutic. A form of meditation, to be sure.

So I ranged around the spring lake, casting and stripping, and triggering the occasional explosive rise. Missed all of them. And I was OK with that.


Then I hooked this pretty little thing. It was icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment