Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Closer to the Ground: A Review

If you fly fish and have small children, the book Closer to the Ground: An Outdoor Family's Year on the Water, in the Woods, and at the Table, by Dylan Tomine, may be what you're looking for.

Here's a nicely-written review by Matt Stansberry (The Caddisfly: Oregon Fly Fishing Blog).

Dylan Tomine

Closer to the Ground: Parenting, fly fishing, food

When Patagonia wrote me a note about reviewing Dylan Tomine’s book Closer to the Ground, I had no idea how much I needed this book.

A lot of us know Tomine from his articles in The FlyFish Journal or The Drake, and I thought “I need another fly fishing book like I need a hole in my waders. With three kids under six, I’m barely fishing as it is, and I really don’t want to feel worse about it than I already do.”

Turns out, I was wrong. The book describes how someone addicted to fly fishing might shift focus and retain a connection to the sport, but more importantly, the spiritual core of the experience, of the land and its wildlife.


Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment