Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Fishing Report: I'm Confused

Click on photos for full size image.
One more trip Sunday evening. It was cool, it was overcast, it was windy. The wind was out of the south and had the north end all chopped up.
So, I bid farewell to the phantom Drakes and went for what little shelter there was on the south end.
I put my rain jacket on.
I hadn't been there for awhile. Who knows, maybe the Drakes were hatching there this year. But, even in the small sheltered areas, the denizens of the lake were asleep.
I tried various things, including a Drake, the Carpet Caddis, nymph and indicator, trolling. Nothing. I just got cold. Seems that the water is colder on that end.
Then it started to rain.
I trolled through the rain.
I ended up far up along the east side. The rain quit and it got calm. Little fish--little fish--were working on the midges--midges.
I tied on the Elk Hair Caddis and caught a little tiny trout. I released it in the water. Then a breeze came up out of the north. I got colder.
Finally I trolled back to the truck. Black beadhead leech again. Long troll. The sky was dark and the moon shining brightly through the scudding clouds before I made it back.
I caught a fairly nice fish--bigger than ten inches. That was nice. I released it with numb fingers.
I'm confused. What month is this? Do I know at all what I'm doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment