Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday Fishing Report: Nooner

Click on photos for full size image.
It was another lunchtime foray to Cutthroat Lake. Just checking things out. It continues cool and cloudy, and rain was predicted.
I had on a soft hackle and indicator from my last trip to Trout Lake, so I started with that. Just a few minutes in I saw a big heavy female cruising my way along the shoreline. I plopped my rig in front of her, and she took off. I thought I had spooked her, but she was heading straight for the fly.
Bingo.
What a beauty. She was so full of eggs she couldn't do much more than thrash in place. But I didn't mind.
Then the rain came and settled in for a stay.
I stayed a little longer--long enough to get fairly wet. I took the indicator off and both wind drifted and stripped the soft hackle.
But there would be only one hookup today.
I was more than satisfied with that. It was a long time coming, and it was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment