Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Intimations of Mortality

Click on photo for full size image.
I took this on Tuesday as I ran Jeremiah and his friend into town to shoot baskets at the park. I hung around until Isaiah's basketball practice was over at 7, then took two of his friends home before finally heading home with the boys. Business as usual.


The thing is I was sick. Something in the chest and throat. I'd had it for a month. I thought I could just bull through it again. Business as usual.

But I couldn't. By Wednesday I was out of it. For the first time in a long time I finally had to resort to doctoring and prescription medication. That's where I was for the last two days, in a fever dream.

I'm better, but I'm not over it. I'll keep taking my medicine and, well, keep taking my medicine. This is what I get for not taking better care of myself in the first place.

Hoping all of you are well...

No comments:

Post a Comment