Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hope on a Hook

I leave in four days for the Grande Ronde. So I'm making a list and checking it twice, getting set for a few days with my brothers, John and Pete, catching steelhead.
The steelhead counts are way up this year, so it bodes well for us--and the hundreds of others who will be there, too, I'm sure.
I'm hoping for a steelhead or two. I did well last year, hooking four and landing two. But I'm also hoping we can put my brother Pete onto his first one.
All that hope went into the flies I tied up last night. The Ronde is famous for steelhead that can be caught on the surface, so waking and skating flies are the order of the day.
These muddlers aren't as pretty as the ones John is tying up I'll bet, but they may fill the bill. I also tied up a couple more light stone nymphs. That was my lucky fly last year.
Will these work? What will be the lucky fly this year?
I'll be sure to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment