Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Meteor?

Did anyone else see a spectacular meteor over the Pacific Northwest last night? This photo isn't of last night's event, but it gives a good idea of what I saw.


It was after midnight, but, not being of a scientific bent, I failed to note the exact time.

What I saw was a fireball to the north, as big as the brightest star, moving slowly almost parallel with the ground, from west to east. The trail shimmered. Then the fireball broke into three pieces, and the trail flared. Two pieces slowly faded out and the third piece traveled along a good deal farther before finally flaring out with a twinkle.

The most amazing meteor I've ever seen. It actually gave me an adrenaline rush.

I almost thought the world was coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment